Monday, October 6, 2008

TRUTH IN SHREDDING

Because I'm in a fantasy metal phase right now and because I'm well and truly horrified at the amount of practice and work these guys must put in in order to perfectly burn the fretboard this way you must watch the Dragonforce video below. While I lean more to the neo-psychedelia repetition, grunge riffing and atmospheric minimalism school of axe thought (sometimes virtuoso wankery just depresses me), this still leaves me in total awe.

Hmmm, on the other hand the guy I bought a Line6 Ubermetal from told me Dragonforce's axemen are less than reliable live. Apprently because of the copious amounts of alcohol they consume to bolster their courage before a show. That may be but just for the shredding caliber, this is still an audacious way to compose and execute a song.

I mean, whoa.

No comments: